::pack:: of fixations



life after tragedy. living while grieving. love and triplets.

8.03.2013

30 weeks

Finn was the ring bearer for our Nieces beautiful wedding last weekend.  His little outfit kills me.


Just cooking babies over here still.  It's been pretty quiet for I am trying my best to just stay down.  It's 100+ degrees outside and I try and avoid it at all costs.  

I took a breastfeeding class a few days ago and when I walked in I felt the other pregnant moms wiggle in their chairs trying to sneak a peak at my bigger than normal belly.  I'm pretty sure they all thought they were big until I waddled into the room.  I'm sure I would do the exact same thing since most Moms pregnant with triplets are on strict bed rest by now and you just don't see belly's like mine very often.  



30 weeks!  Horrible picture!  I don't get dressed much these days and when I do....


I'm 30 weeks!  This is a big milestone.  Can I just say Braxton Hicks while pregnant with triplets are SO INTENSE.  All of the baby clothes, bibs, and burp cloths are washed and put away.  We have all 3 cribs set up and ready.  I'm relieved that their bedroom is just big enough to fit all three.  Just gotta figure out how and where the 2nd changing station is going to be and grab a couple more things and we will be ready!  Hopefully I go at least 2 more weeks (I can and I will), but preferably 5-6 more.  Honestly the terrified side of me is ruling over the excitement.  But I know that once I meet these precious babies I will fall in love with them and after a short time it will start to feel like they've always been here.  I'm still in shock that I'm having triplets, it's hard to imagine a time in the future where I will feel like it was meant to be.

My Dr doubled my iron but I still love to eat ice.  I don't have huge cravings this pregnancy which is so crazy because with the boys my cravings were INTENSE! I do crave sushi or actually wasabi.  I only do this when I'm pregnant.  I order a veggie roll and I mix the wasabi with my soy sauce except I make a fine paste...lots of wasabi.  It actually has to burn through my nostrils and pretty much clear my sinuses or I'm just not satisfied.  Ryan thinks it's so gross.  With Finn I literally craved the burn.  We finally got Finn to eat some sushi last night!  He's a very picky eater but he loved it.  Ryan and I pretty much gave each other high fives through eye contact afterwards, kinda always been our goal for our kids to eat sushi.

A few weeks ago I went to our first triplet play date.  There is a group of Utah Moms who frequently get together and all have one thing in common...triplets. We met at an indoor food court that had a play area with only one entrance/exit, which I learned will soon be my best friend.  There were triplets everywhere of all ages, some fraternals, and some identicals.  As I talked to each Mom I had to giggle because each one during our conversation would stop talking, look around, and say, "wait....hmmm...oh...ok...there he/she is".  And that's when it hit me, they were counting to 3 in their heads and that I too will be counting to 3 a whole lot in the years to come.  They were all very well behaved.  There was no fighting and it was astonishing to watch the parents wrangle up there children/babies when it was time to stop playing and to go eat, I never heard any whining or complaints.  All the Mom's are very supportive of each other and I'm so grateful to have all these new friends who know exactly what I'm going through.  Of course I do find myself falling in love with the little blonde boys, especially if they're extra smiley.  My eyes are drawn to them and nothing makes me happier to watch them play.  Grins on their faces with a little bit of drool dripping down their sweet chins.


Triplet play group.  Look closely, can you spot all the triplets?


Finn turned 5 a few weeks ago and we managed to put together a small birthday party for him.  He loved it and is beyond excited to start kindergarten in just 3 weeks.  


Finn's Birthday party and the few friends that were able to come.  He has talked about this since his last Birthday!



~have a splendid weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on 30 weeks!! I am so so happy that all of the babies are doing well and that you have made it this far. I'm 24 weeks with my first and can only imagine how you feel with 3 in there! Good luck & keep cooking those babies in there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, that is a beautiful bundle of pure love, joy and blessings that you have there. You are beautiful. Keep up the great mothering job you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thrilling that you hit 30 weeks - your picture is fabulous - you look great! I'm glad to hear of your triplet play group - when my sister and I were young I know that my mom's 'Mother of Twins' group was a lifesaver for her. Happy Birthday to Finn - 5 is such a great age - he's going to love Kindergarten! Best wishes to you all! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I reached 30 weeks this 3rd time around with a single baby and thought I was so ready for it to be over. You're awesome! I'm so excited to eventually see pictures of your girls on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I by no means can claim that I am mother to multiples. I have two of my own and used to tend two or three more. I found that when going to the park, aquarium, play land, anywhere they could run about if I put them in the brightest matching shirts it was so much easier to count. With a quick glance I could find the 4 or 5 neon green shirts or bright tie die shirts. I know it gets old for the kids wearing the same thing every time we go out but it saves my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of Finn is just adorable. He looks SO handsome. Congratulations on 30 weeks with your girls. That is extraordinary. I made it to only 31 weeks with my first who was just over 4lbs when she arrived. I am cheering you on from Brisbane, Australia. Please keep the posts coming so we can keep willing you on. And remember, you are amazing and you can keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! Congrats on the milestone! I carried my twins 37w1d. A mom in my twins group carried her triplets 37w! All born weighing 6lbs! Granted mom is almost 6ft tall and had LOTS of room for growth which helped! You are doing awesome! Stay down, resting your body, taking it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are still hanging on and made 30 weeks. No matter what others may think when they see you...you look beautiful!! I love the triplet play date pic. It will be so fun to see your babies. Finn looks amazing in his ring bearer outfit. Is that a sword he's holding? Cute boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing that you have made it this far! I only barely made it to 32.5 weeks with my twins, so you are doing so great with those 3 little ladies! I Am so excited for you! By the way, where is this play area, it looks and sounds fun! And your belly is just gorgeous, such a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's at City Creek in the food court...kinda hidden. I will definitely be going again when these babies start walking around :)

      Delete
  10. HOw precious Finn looks. I hope he had a great birthday and I hope he is looking forward to school. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finn is so adorable! It was so funny seeing him and Penny side by side, I wonder if Colum would have started to catch up to him too. Kelly, you are the most amazing woman! My sister had the funniest dream about you which kind of just goes to the heart of what we all think of you. In the dream her and her husband had come to visit you and decided to spend the night and you literally sewed them pajama pants. Hahaha! There is nothing Kelly can't do! You will make it as far as you need to and have the healthiest little triplet girls ever. I can't wait to meet them! Thank you SO much for helping me this week!! If you're still going strong in two weeks I'm going to make it up to you then :) Love you Lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank you so much. I hope you eat at Taco Amigo for me all the time. xoxo

      Delete
  12. Dying over the wedding picture of Finn so cute! Glad your pregnancy is going so well, it is my prayer that it continues to do so and we will soon see cute pictures of 3 very sweet little ladies:) You have such a great attitude I wish we were real life friends so I could help you in your new adventure. sending lots of love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on making it to 30 weeks. Fingers crossed the heat isn't making you too uncomfortable & you get to 32 weeks (& beyond).

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I send my congrats also on making it to 30 weeks! That is just awesome! I'm so glad I was able to meet you in Target a couple of weeks ago :) I'm thrilled you are pregnant, and with triplets! It's so exciting! Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keep them babies cooking momma! You got this!! Congrats on reaching 30 weeks that really is great. :)

    ReplyDelete