::pack:: of fixations



life after tragedy. living while grieving. love and triplets.

7.18.2013

28 weeks

I went to the Dr again on Monday.  Babies are still perfect!  I even got an estimate of their weights.  Every other visit they do an extra long ultrasound and I just learned it's called a growth scan and it estimates their growths.  Here are their weights as of Monday:

Baby A 2lbs 1 oz

Baby B 2 lbs 1 oz

Baby C 1 lb 15 oz

They are in the 33-40% percentile which is really good for triplets.  The ultrasound tech even commented how crazy it was that it still looks like they have room in there.  Baby A is the lowest one, the one that will come out first and just happens to be the spare.  Baby B is in the middle and Baby C is on top.  Baby B has the least amount of room.  B & C are the identical ones.  Baby A looks a lot different than her twin that are triplets sisters.  

I'm SO EXCITED to see what color of hair they all have.  What color of eyes.  We have a lot of every colored eye in our family so we could get anything.  Of course the ultrasound makes it look like the twins look exactly like Colum and I.  But they could still come out dark but I have a feeling we will get some blondes.  

Still haven't pin pointed exactly what the names are going to be.  This is not like me at all.  We have a handful and may just name them when we see them.  Colum was almost a Henry, but he came out and was definitely a Colum.  

It's getting harder and harder for me to get around and I spend most of my time in bed.  I haven't been put on bed rest but my body is basically doing it on it's own.  I'm now measuring 38 weeks which is bigger than most singleton full term Moms ever measure.  The reason being is that the baby drops into the pelvis and most don't measure past 37 weeks.  If I get up to do the littlest things I start having Braxton Hicks or get a sharp pain on my upper left side.  It's frustrating because there is still a lot of unpacking to get done and the babies nursery looks like a bomb went off.  I'm slowly getting things washed and put away.  I die every time I put away a preemie item.  They are just so so tiny.  Our kitchen should be done by the end of today and I will get to use my sink with a disposal soon!  I am so excited to just be able to rinse off dishes and then put them straight into the dishwasher!  Every easy thing is going to be a huge help around here.  

My pickle cravings are pretty much gone and I eat watermelon a little less.  I mostly crave ice, and basically snack on it all day...yes I am a little bit anemic and take iron everyday.  I'm doing really really good.  So far I am so lucky to not have complications and I have a feeling I will go to 35 weeks but for now just have my eyes set at 32.  

The trial starts on Monday.  A huge thank you for all the thoughts and prayers! We are going to need it over the next few months.  I'm so looking forward to having the trial, one more big thing behind us.  Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. So grateful you are doing so well. Those babies are so blessed to have you for their momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. name suggestions

    Allison Kate
    Bridget Ann
    Catelyn Marie(there are many ways to spell CAtelyn)
    Emma Sophia
    Margaret(Maggie)MAry
    Abigail (Abby) Rose

    I am so happy for you and your family
    BTW my name is mary rose and i am 14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still cannot believe you are having Triplets!! And 3 girls! So xcited for you.
    So glad all is going well for you and just take it easy!!

    You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the babies are doing so well. I can't imagine having 3 babies in there...i get super uncomfortable with just one (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a mom of twin boys that are five, I remember those last few weeks and will be keeping you in my prayers. Girls! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome about how well the babes are doing! :) So exciting, three little sweet dolly girls.

    Girl's names are fun, so I will add a couple (or three) too.

    Gabriella (Briella) Joy
    Arianna Love
    Kambria Hope

    Thank you for the update. Love and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just keep them babies in for awhile longer :) I am so happy for you all and I am so grateful you are doing so well carrying the three of them :) You are a true HERO! Take care ok

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, I love to find that you have a new post written. It brings a smile to me to know that dreams do come true. I cant even imagine what it takes to take care of triplets. Do you have everything you need ? Is there anything you would like to have? Maybe later you can post a picture of the girls bounty and nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to hear all going well with your pregnancy and the babies thriving :)

    Funny when I was pregnant with twins (besides the burger phase) all I craved was ICE!! I so looked forward to being in hospital to have all the glorious chipped ice I wanted! Pity the day I had them the craving was absolutely GONE.

    Again, so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you and the babies are doing so well. I read in the paper that the defendant (or whatever you call someone who takes drugs then gets into a car and ends up hurting innocent people) plead guilty. I hope that made things a little easier (than having a full blown trial), although nothing can take away the pain of having to relive that night and those painful memories. I hope you can get plenty of rest and relaxation for the rest of your pregnancy and that the babies "cook" for a while longer. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What paper did you see that in? I checked online for all the local SLC papers and couldn't find it.

      Delete
  11. http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/56618787-219/ainsworth-pack-family-driving.html.csp

    I am so happy that he had taken responsibility for his actions by pleading guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too, he may have confessed his responsibility but that in no way rights what he did.

    A young boy, with a whole life ahead of him, was killed because of his actions and I hope he is properly punished for that. He may face months or years but the Column's family will suffer for their lifetimes. Through no fault of their own. This man needs to pay for what he did. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad you don't have to sit through a trial. I have been worried about you enduring that stress at this point in your pregnancy and have been praying for God to protect you and your babies. I can't imagine how you must feel, but I am glad that he is accepting responsibility and he deserves to have the book thrown at him for what he did to Colum and to your family. And it still won't be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  14. woo hoo!! 28 weeks is BIG! That was my goal the whole time I was in the hospital. It's a major accomplishment with multiples and every day from this point on is a total bonus! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to come help you. I'm a hard worker and would move fast. Since you don't know me, it would be easy to boss me around and not worry about my feelings.

    I'm so happy things are working out for you on this pregnancy.

    I'm way happy about the trial. I wish I could express in words how I feel.

    Thank you for sharing your story with us, I am a big fan. I pray for you, for your 3 babies, and for your 3 boys.

    aaronandmichelle (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete