::pack:: of fixations



life after tragedy. living while grieving. love and triplets.

5.16.2013

18 weeks

On Monday I went to my 18 week MFM appointment.  An hour or so was spent during the ultrasound measuring everything they possibly could.  Baby A is the spare and B & C are the pair.

They were perfect!  The pair both measured about 7 oz (exactly the same which is good) and the spare measured 8 oz.  This was the first ultrasound where they checked for TTTS.  It's one of the scariest things that could possibly happen with the identical twins.  So I was happy they measured exactly the same.  They were also in the exact same position the entire time.  The tech kept getting turned around because they would actually do somersaults together at the exact same time and land in the same exact position as each other.  They did this 4 times.  

The midwives and Dr both seemed a lot more up beat and positive about my pregnancy and the babies.  This was the biggest ultrasound of my pregnancy and such a relief that everything looked so good.  They acted like I won't have any problem going to 34-36 weeks....fingers crossed.  

I can't believe I'm having identical twins!  I can't believe they would flip together like that totally in sync with each other.  I've never been able to tell identical twins apart!  We have a set of ID twin brother friends and I never know which one I'm talking to.  I hope I can tell my own kids apart!

I'm feeling pretty good.  I'm huge!  It's getting harder and harder for me to sit up and move at all.  A book I'm reading says with triplets you look full term at 24 weeks and I'm thinking it will be more like 20 weeks for me.  I'm pretty sure when I'm seen walking through the neighborhood it looks as though I'm trying to induce labor.

 I can't do a whole lot so there is no worry of me over doing it.  If I go up a flight of stairs I can't breathe for 5 minutes.  If I walk and there's a small incline I can't breathe.  Several times every night when I'm laying on my side all of the sudden I can't breathe.  Sometimes I will just be sitting there and all of the sudden I can't breathe. I know this will only get worse.  It's probably the thing I'm most afraid of.

But besides that and having to go pee in the middle of the night and then not being able to fall back asleep, I'm doing pretty good.  

My appetite is gone.  Nothing sounds good.  I have to eat every few hours because my blood sugar drops so fast that I'm very surprised I haven't fainted.  The only craving I have is sno-cones.  This is so different than my last pregnancies.  I'm able to eat a little smarter when I'm not craving Reese's peanut butter easter eggs in bulk.  

Gender reveal is still pending!  I'm so excited it's taking all I have not to just announce it right now!  My friend that is doing it is extremely talented and doing me a huge favor.  I'm sure I tripled her workload so I'm trying my best to not harass her.  Stay tuned....

25 comments:

  1. Yay for great news! Can't imagine what a relief that ultrasound was. Anxiously awaiting the gender reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you taking photos?!?! I really want to see photos of your growing belly! Seriously, post them on Insta! haha I'm so happy for you and that things are still looking good! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration. I read your blog after the accident and just recently found it again. It makes me smile that are getting 3 sweet babies! What blessings! I am sending prayers to you and your family. I can't wait for the gender reveal!!! I hope it comes today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Try to update us on your condition every week or so if you can. It is going to be so hard not to get updates after the babies are born because we want to keep up with your family's story and yet we know you will be WAY too busy with the babies and Finn to post much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for great news! But I wasn't expecting anything less! My poor refresh button is getting worn out waiting for the gender reveal! And yes, you really should show off that growing belly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a miracle! So thankful these three sweet babies are all doing well. So so happy for you all! Maybe you need to listen to a little Anna Nalick ;-) Just breathe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you all! This is truly a blessing from God - to be able to love and nurture three more children!! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to see another post. There are many of us who have never met you but yet have cried so many tears with you. These are babies of hope, faith , and joy and they will bring smiles and laughter. Take care of yourself and know that there are many of us sending prayers and happy thoughts your way. Column will never be forgotten because memories are the treasures from heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if they are 3 little girls, their names should be Hope, Joy, and Faith! :)

      Delete
  9. Kelly how about setting up a wish list at Amazon.com like you would a baby registry. That way, we can pick out gifts for you and they are automatically sent to you without releasing your physical address. Safety is important but we really need to celebrate this event with you. As mothers, so many of us have struggled with your nightmare. This is one of the first times I have not cried reading your blog. I am full of joy and need to share it......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Please do that. I am another who has never "met" you but agree that we want to celebrate with you. Set something up and let us help and support you! You and your growing family deserve it!!

      Delete
  10. I have a friend with identical twin boys. She shows picture after picture of them sleeping the same way, sitting the same way, etc, but in opposites.....like they are each truly the other half. You will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you that all is well thus far. I think of you often especially since having my first baby ( a boy)6 months ago. Colum was a part of me feeling the courage to try for a child and what a blessing it is to be a mother. Thank you or sharing so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My nephew had identical twins and they used a sharpie dot behind one of the ears for a long time to tell who was who.
    Congratulations on these babies! Enjoy this time...

    ReplyDelete
  13. 34-36 weeks would be such a fantastic start for the babies. Really pleased to hear you're coping ok so far. I hope you're getting lots of rest and help with Finn with your PIL to help.

    Friends of mine used nail polish on one of their girls to tell the difference (not as easy as the sharpie marker!)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad the ultrasound went so well! Grateful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy they are doing good! That has got to be so rough with the not breathing. I feel like that with one...cannot imagine 3!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also have been following your blog since the accident & pray for you daily. I was sooo excited that your dream of having another baby came true but WOW! three. How exciting! Please post something so we can send little gifts your way. Nothing like shopping for babies!!
    Can't wait for the reveal & continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great news! It's hard to believe you are already halfway through this pregnancy. I'm so glad those three little bugs are thriving and happy in there. Ugh, that breathing thing. I had that when I was pregnant with Kairo and it's awful. I hope you get relief at some point. What an amazing thing this is! Your attitude is admirable. I have a feeling you are all going to come through this with flying colors. Lots of Love from the Boren household.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We need a poll for gender predictions. I'm guessing three boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think we should have a guessing contest to see if boys or girls. I think twin girls and one very beautiful baby boy. Tree

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oops, should have read prior comments. Oh well!
    Tree

    ReplyDelete
  21. The anticipation is going to kill me;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!! This is so exciting... can't wait for the gender reveal!! Wow Kelly what a road you have traveled since I first heard of you. Good luck with everything!! You are always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I forgot to put my guess - A - boy, B&C Identical baby girls... just hoping for three very healthy babies at 36 weeks for you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete